Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Proclamation:

Whereas political leaders of all stripes appear to be unable to do the right thing to stop the destruction of the environment in part because they are unable to overcome the resistance of vested interests...

Whereas there is precious little time left to shift our civilization onto a sustainable path of development and towards a balanced relationship with the Earth's natural environment and her millions of life forms...


Whereas we are each individually responsible to show the example and take the lead towards alleviating the suffering of Nature, reducing our ecological footprint and assisting in the healing of our living planet...


I hereby resolve to...
_______________________________________

1. Use paper as little as possible to avoid the need for cutting trees.
2. Post at least one blog post every day on my environmental blog to encourage others.
3. Take a moment every day to thank the Earth and all life on it for providing me a place to live.
4. Use fossil fuel-powered transportation as little as is possible in daily life.
5. Use only the electricity and water I absolutely need.
6. Recycle as much as I possibly can.
7. Eat as little meat as possible to help reduce emissions and reduce mis-treatment of animals.
8. Stop eating fish until fish stocks replenish.
9. Use the most efficient electrical devices I can find.
10. Encourage others at every opportunity to do what they can to save the Earth.
11. Choose renewable energy options on my utility bill as soon as it is available.
12. Request information on renewable energy options from my utility company at least monthly until it's available.
13. Advocate my elected public officials to choose sustainable practices at every opportunity.
14. Invest at least $20.00 per month in a renewable energy company of some kind.
_______________________________________

Signed by:

_Daniel A. Stafford_____

Signed on _01/09/2010____

No comments:

Post a Comment